I m falling in luv w/ a great guy eventually
I was struggling whether to release this to the public for quite awhile. I posted it up for couple of hours and then taken it down because I wasn't feeling 100% comfy to release it at that time. However, my heart tell me that I can't hide anymore; and I have to be fair with my great guy. Also, many of you have come to ask me directly. Even for those, who didn't ask me, may have noticed it. Instead of telling all of you individually, I will say something here to make my life easier. Another important reason is that I want to share my happiness with all of you.
Going through lots of serious thoughts, I've started a relationship recently. After almost three years of being single and waiting for God's guidance, I became very careful to consider this dating and relationship issue. Careful to the point that I skeptically questioned whether there was anyone in the world could meet my requirement or criteria. However, God proved that I was wrong. It was not my requirement or criteria. Everything should be running base on God's standard and according to his plan. God brought Franklin to Horeb at the end of 2004, but Franklin only came to my memory many months after. He first came to my mind in spring conference 2005. His leadership skill and maturity shown in "bed side cell group sharing" was really impressive considering just a short period of time of being a Christian. However, I wasn’t thinking anything beyond friendship. Therefore, I rejected him almost immediately after I realized the first sign of his interest.
Through the last couple months, God dramatically change me and Franklin. I gradually notify many good qualities in Franklin which would open the possibility of starting a relationship. Furthermore, I am so touched by his genuine care, support and prayers through my difficult times. So far, no one can do a better job than him by putting my words in his heart and showing his care in action. I thank God to bring such a great guy to me.
Recently, I am reading a book called, "Boy Meets Girl, Say Hello to Courtship". This is a great book that I think all girls should read and force your bf to do so (if possible). I only finished up to chapter 3 because I have to wait for someone who is slow in reading (yes... it's you!!!). According to the book, I realize that my relationship with Franklin is just a beginning – a beginning of a journey that should be God-centered, not self-centered. Dear God, please continue to show the light ahead of us, and use us to glorify you.
Going through lots of serious thoughts, I've started a relationship recently. After almost three years of being single and waiting for God's guidance, I became very careful to consider this dating and relationship issue. Careful to the point that I skeptically questioned whether there was anyone in the world could meet my requirement or criteria. However, God proved that I was wrong. It was not my requirement or criteria. Everything should be running base on God's standard and according to his plan. God brought Franklin to Horeb at the end of 2004, but Franklin only came to my memory many months after. He first came to my mind in spring conference 2005. His leadership skill and maturity shown in "bed side cell group sharing" was really impressive considering just a short period of time of being a Christian. However, I wasn’t thinking anything beyond friendship. Therefore, I rejected him almost immediately after I realized the first sign of his interest.
Through the last couple months, God dramatically change me and Franklin. I gradually notify many good qualities in Franklin which would open the possibility of starting a relationship. Furthermore, I am so touched by his genuine care, support and prayers through my difficult times. So far, no one can do a better job than him by putting my words in his heart and showing his care in action. I thank God to bring such a great guy to me.
Recently, I am reading a book called, "Boy Meets Girl, Say Hello to Courtship". This is a great book that I think all girls should read and force your bf to do so (if possible). I only finished up to chapter 3 because I have to wait for someone who is slow in reading (yes... it's you!!!). According to the book, I realize that my relationship with Franklin is just a beginning – a beginning of a journey that should be God-centered, not self-centered. Dear God, please continue to show the light ahead of us, and use us to glorify you.

12 Comments:
At 9:54:00 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Dear God, please continue to show the light ahead of us, and use us to glorify you.
It would be a long road for us. Its not easy as well I think. Especially finishing ch 3...
But surely we can work that out together. I am faithful enough that God will guide us in every step on this path.
So wait for me on the book!!! :P
FL
At 10:47:00 p.m.,
yingy_c said…
WHAT A SWEEEEEEEEEET COUPLE...hehe.
At 10:53:00 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Nice!! Sweet!!!
At 6:12:00 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Although I don't know Franklin too well, but he seems to be a decent guy, so congratulations (I'm sure a lot of single guys would envy Franklin!)
I'm particularly glad that you are willing to pray and wait first. Nowadays too many would act first and try to seek God's rubber stamp approval later, if one feels like getting one.
Try to be yourself after this honeymoon period. Learn to express your feelings in ways that guys can understand. Share your views in an honest way, not just to please each other.
I'll pray for you both :-)
Panda
At 11:41:00 p.m.,
Carmen Mok said…
I'm so happy to hear that you made the decision finally! I don't know Franklin personally but only his face...but...I will soon! =)
At 3:27:00 p.m.,
Rubun said…
恭喜恭喜恭喜你们!
It's a good book for new couple. Remind me I should re-read it again :)
At 6:48:00 p.m.,
FEliX the CAt said…
haha !!! sweet!!
恭喜你们
I will keep you both in my prayer....
At 10:18:00 p.m.,
公主 said…
I'm happy for you and I'm very impressed with your patient to wait for God's guidance before you start this off. Keep up the "God-centre" work!
At 8:40:00 a.m.,
Ronald said…
Wow. . a new couple willing to tell the world the beginning of they journy together. Just get ready to be teased all the time now until another new couple shows up. :)
At 10:12:00 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
哇,很有夫妻相阿!好開心聽到你再墜入愛河!也很佩服你這麼坦白,真誠!要向你學習學習!猜猜我是誰......
來自HK 的老朋友
Grace Ngan
At 10:00:00 a.m.,
BoBo Chuk said…
Congratulation!
I think I will see that sweet sweet x 100 little gal I met in Waterloo again!
^^
At 12:34:00 p.m.,
Christy said…
many thanks for everyone of you leaving msg here.
To FL: You should be hurry up... Will let you know what will happen if you till stuck at ch 2.
To Catherine and Candy: Thx
To Panda: I will keep your advice in my mind.. and thx for keep us in ur prayer.
To Carmen: will share more with you when we meet someday.
To Rubun: thx and pls come to my blog more frequently.
To Felix: thx for your prayer too.
To 公主: yeah… I will keep up the “God-centre” work.
To Ronald: Let's discover the next couple and release the news soon! (opps.. should also consider confidentiality)
To Grace Ngan: It's a greaaattttt surprise to see you leaving some words here!!! It is really ture that 老朋友 will never leave my life!!! I miss you and the old days very much!!! Longing to visit HK someday and chat with you till the dawn comes!!!
To BoBo Chuk: I think I am always sweet sweet x 100 tim…. Alrite… will show you how is sweet sweet x 1000 from now on!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home