Do you believe there are angels in the world?

"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." (Psalm:91:11,12)

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Why putting us together and then separating us?

Ever since Form 1 (in 1992) in Hong Kong, I have experienced friends coming and going in my life. The first person who left me and caused me a big sorrow is Jenny Leung. I didn't understand why God would arrange such a good person in my life and separate us that quickly. I felt being tricked because we only spent 6 months together which I considered very short. I still have the photo when we had a fairwell at the airport. Me cried so badly, and my eyes swelled like two well boiled eggs.

Through these many years, she wrote me letters, cards, and phoned me couple of times. She also visited me when she came back during summer. About 6 years (in 1998) later, I came to the same place where she lived. I realized we changed alot. We didn't do silly things like we used to (e.g. locked her sister out of the room), and we didn't have silly talk like we used to neither(e.g. sharing our silent admiration towards her big brother's friends). But our hearts towards each other are just the same. Couple years ago, I broke up with my bf. She cared me so much that she came over in a snowy midnight with a steamed egg dessert. The dessert was sweet and warm which melt my heart completely. The act of being together and separating is a test from God. You will only know what to cherish when things or ppl are not around you anymore! Now, I've learnt the lesson. I don't look for the quantity of time being with friends, but the quality of our friendship.

The three ppl in the pic (except me of course) are going to leave Canada soon. Time is running out, and I hope that I will have more quality time with you guys!!!


Meet them again in HK and China???

2 Comments:

  • At 12:03:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    依家科技進步, 現代人四海為家,分離係在所難免. 我都一樣會經歷哩D情況. 更加令我覺得呢個世界上無咩野係長存,又唔係太相信隔左幾個海幾座山仍然可以友誼永固. 雖然諗得咁悲, 但自己想盡力維持兩地友情, 無奈有心無力....

    比著我, 我會識番D新朋友咯.如果唔係朋友會越來越少架啦..我係咪好"貪新忙舊"??

    Janice

     
  • At 11:36:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will miss them too......

    Jacky

     

Post a Comment

<< Home