Do you believe there are angels in the world?

"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." (Psalm:91:11,12)

Friday, July 29, 2005

Art to God

I really envy those people who have an artistic mind. It’s really wonderful for those who are amazingly inspired to see the world we don’t see and powerfully express their feeling to us. It is no doubt that artistic talent is a gift from God. Using this talent, God shows us how wonderful this world He had created. Remember I once loved to draw when I was a kid (pretty good at it too), but stopped practicing once I started focusing on science in senior high. Reasons for choosing science were: it is more essential; it can bring more money; and it is widely chosen by 99% of people I know.

The trade off is that my artistic talent diminishes to the point where I find difficult to sense the things around me, understand my feeling, and express myself. I really don’t want to get to the very worst which is that my whole world becomes so dry and unpleasant.

Visiting Carmen’s blog recently, it is like a wake up call. Her blog is very different from most of my friends’ blogs. It is not a place where she just records down what happens in her life, but a place she specially created with her imagination. Being in there makes me feel warm and sweet.
http://carmenkwmok.blogspot.com/

Maybe God wants me to learn from Carmen. Maybe God is sending me a pair of corrective lens. I should pick them up. Hopefully, in a short while, I can see the heaven on earth and sense wonderful things with my eyes close. Dear God, I pray that you put me to a whole new way to look at art... a whole new way to see myself, the world and You.


Does heaven look like this?

5 Comments:

  • At 4:12:00 p.m., Blogger Christy said…

    Stupid me wanting to upload this pic and delete the comment left by Carmen!!!! >______________<

     
  • At 4:28:00 p.m., Blogger Christy said…

    By the way, Carmen's comment is about using the lens from God to see the beauty of the world and also the needs of the world.
    I totally agreed with her. She also reminds me how God had shown me the world of needs last year. In my nursng practice, I have seen a patient who stayed in the dark when death coming to catch him, an infant who was suffered from an open chest and may stay opened till the end of his life, an immigrant living under the stress of language barrier and poverty who turned out having depression and attempting to kill himself... In my family, my dad almost died from a fall at work. Having all these experience, I can still have and will always have faith in Him.

     
  • At 11:07:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Christy:
    "low leg" ar.. your talent won't disapper, pick them up and you will feel it again !!
    Don't know who I am, I'm the "angry man" you know =P

     
  • At 11:44:00 a.m., Blogger Christy said…

    Are you the angry man that need to go through plastic surgery?
    =P

     
  • At 9:15:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yes, you're are right...but i love my heavenly Father made me like this...so don't want to change =P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home