Do you believe there are angels in the world?

"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." (Psalm:91:11,12)

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Firstever Horeb outing in this summer

Last night, couple of people phoned me and asked to have BBQ and then firework at night. I was really excited about this plan but the tradeoff is to skip Mr. So' talk. After thinking thoroughly, I didn't really feel comfortable when almost all Horeb ppl are skipping church. So I called them back and told them about my concern.

I do understand Mr. So's talks are not always useful or applicable to most of the people. I do understand a lot of us are looking forward for an exciting outdoor event which include almost all the people. I do understand time is precious and we don't have a lot of long weekends left afterward. However, I concern about (1) what if there are a small number of Horeb ppl that we forget to contact, (2) how other ppl, counselors or even pastors will think about us, (3) how God will think about us. It's a really tough dilemma, so we decided to wait and see in the morning. I prayed about this before I slept last night.

This morning, Ah 4 called and said many of us are not feeling comfortable to skip church. I think God has worked in our hearts. I am so happy. It feels like we (as a group) have overcome a trial for God. We are willing to put God in the first priority. Most amazingly, God has gave us another plan which is picnic in the afternoon + outdoor activities + Mr. So talk in church + firework. I am looking forward to build a strong bonding with bros and sis tmr.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:55:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to go, Christy! That's the right attitude towards our Christian life! =) We are all mature boys & girls now and should know what's important, hold firm to our bottom lines, and consider the consequences of our own actions =) If we let play and physical enjoyment taking higher priority over God, then how different are we, vs other non-believers? How will other non-believers view us when they know that the whole fellowship can be gone just to play?

    From my past experience, I know that there will be ppl who will think that: "It's only 1 night of fellowship, no big deal!","Why make such a big fuss?". But don't worry about what others think! We're here to please God and not to please ppl =)

    Have fun tmr in the trip as I'll stay home and rest and u know, prepare for Siu-Cin's wedding stuff and my licensing part 1 exam in July =(

     
  • At 6:15:00 p.m., Blogger Rubun said…

    Rely on God to ever winning this contiuous spiritual battle :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home