Do you believe there are angels in the world?

"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." (Psalm:91:11,12)

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Maid of Honor

Here is the list of maid of honor's duty:

  1. Go wedding gown shopping with the bride and be honest when she steps out of the changing room.
  2. Help select bridesmaid’s dresses, pay for your dress & accessories.
  3. Call all the bridesmaids when it’s time for shopping and fittings.
  4. Help address invitations.
  5. Help wrap and tag guest favours/Bombonniere.
  6. Host a bridal shower or stagette with other bridesmaids. If one of the mom’s is hosting, lend a hand where needed.
  7. Address and send shower invitations.
  8. Take RSVP’s for shower.
  9. Attend rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
  10. Help decorate ceremony and reception locations if necessary.
  11. Helps the bride get dressed on her wedding day.
  12. It’s your duty to make sure the bride’s veil and train looks nice before and during the ceremony.
  13. The photographer can’t stop taking pictures during this time and he/she can’t go up on the altar to straighten out the bride…only you can. Guests will expect this from you.
  14. Holds the bride’s bouquet during the ceremony.
  15. Keeps the groom’s wedding ring until the ring exchange, unless the best man or ring bearer are holding them.
  16. Stand in the receiving line (optional).
  17. Will sit to the bride’s right at the reception.
  18. Signs the marriage certificate as a witness.
  19. Bustles the bride’s train before reception begins.
  20. Dance with the best man.
  21. Help the best man bring the gifts to the bride and groom’s home
  22. Help with clean up after reception.

I realized that I have only fulfilled # 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 20 in Siu Cin's wedding. In other words, I am not only a bad example, but a failed one. However, I do expect my maid-of-honor-to-be to complete more and do a better job. So, you gals (you know who I am referring to) better get to know the above list in advance... (~~evil laugh~~)

Anyway... stop being silly. Although I haven't witnessed much about the bonding between Siu Cin and Kevin before the wedding, I really wish to witness their love to grow even stronger from now on and have Jesus in the head of their family. Best wishes to both of you!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:19:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You helped a lot ga la. Unlike me, I thought I was only a mobile background on that day. ar hahahah : P I should nominate myself to be the "sister" next time

    Janice

     

Post a Comment

<< Home