Do you believe there are angels in the world?

"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." (Psalm:91:11,12)

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Patient centred care

Working with a number of different nurses in different places, I have met good and bad example to carry out patient centered care. So far, I haven't met anyone who demonstrate PCC better than my preceptor, Elsa, in Sunnybrook. I am glad that I could work with her closely for two months.

After leaving my preceptor, I have determined to follow her footsteps. This week, I met a patient (an older lady). After putting my genuine interest to hear her life story, she asked me if I had a bf. I asked her why asking me this question. She said that it was becoz a kind and nice gal should have been taken by someone. Hehe... I was so happy to hear that. I hope that I can be always nice to my patients, my family, my bf, my friends and BnS lah. If I am not nice to you, please correct me!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home