Do we really care
I just found a folder which keeps all my nursing school application. There is a question of what motivates me to become a nurse. The following is what I wrote in my application:
As an active participant (am I??) in church, I have had a goal of being a missionary nurse providing care to the sick people in Africa ever since I become a Christian. It is a privilege to be a Christian; it gives me the opportunity to review the purpose of my life, which is to make a difference in the life of someone else. Missionary nurse provides not only the care for the body, but also the care for ones’ spirit and soul.
My feeling: after one year of studies passed by, I am still not ready for it yet. But I know God is always trying to remind me the promise I’ve made. Met and talked to Jackie (one of the speakers of 中南美洲之night) on Saturday in Pacific Mall, she then introduced her partner to me. The partner is a missionary nurse who works in China. Though the gospel can’t be spread (not even mentioned) in China, ppl would feel and know it by experiencing the un-conditional love and care by these great missionaries.
I wish one day… one day my dream will come true, and my promise can be fulfilled.
Have you ever heard this song: Do we really care? It's in Faye's album "100 thousands of why?" This song is about 10 years old. I liked it so much back at that time. This was the only song that I repeated again and again. It's not as popular as her other songs in the album. Don't really know why I liked it so much. May be God planted a seed in my heart already at that time. Hope you can see the picture I see through the lyric.
Do we really care -- by Faye Wong
I saw a picture of a small girl
Crying and living in a lost world
The men fight for dear God
She don't care cause there ain't nothing left to share
I'd watched TV about a sick girl
She was only nine but she'll be gone soon
When and where she's going, God will know
She doesn't want the sun to go
* Don't you know that we care
Keep the faith and hope is here
Deep in my heart I ask myself
Do we really.. really care *
I read the paper of a colored boy
He was starving so we're the lone vultures
Why so full of sorrow no tomorrow
There's no rainbow
Will he ever know
Repeat *
Don't you know that we pray
For you to see the light of day
For you to bring back the lock of love
Words of wisdom
Is it enough
As an active participant (am I??) in church, I have had a goal of being a missionary nurse providing care to the sick people in Africa ever since I become a Christian. It is a privilege to be a Christian; it gives me the opportunity to review the purpose of my life, which is to make a difference in the life of someone else. Missionary nurse provides not only the care for the body, but also the care for ones’ spirit and soul.
My feeling: after one year of studies passed by, I am still not ready for it yet. But I know God is always trying to remind me the promise I’ve made. Met and talked to Jackie (one of the speakers of 中南美洲之night) on Saturday in Pacific Mall, she then introduced her partner to me. The partner is a missionary nurse who works in China. Though the gospel can’t be spread (not even mentioned) in China, ppl would feel and know it by experiencing the un-conditional love and care by these great missionaries.
I wish one day… one day my dream will come true, and my promise can be fulfilled.
Have you ever heard this song: Do we really care? It's in Faye's album "100 thousands of why?" This song is about 10 years old. I liked it so much back at that time. This was the only song that I repeated again and again. It's not as popular as her other songs in the album. Don't really know why I liked it so much. May be God planted a seed in my heart already at that time. Hope you can see the picture I see through the lyric.
Do we really care -- by Faye Wong
I saw a picture of a small girl
Crying and living in a lost world
The men fight for dear God
She don't care cause there ain't nothing left to share
I'd watched TV about a sick girl
She was only nine but she'll be gone soon
When and where she's going, God will know
She doesn't want the sun to go
* Don't you know that we care
Keep the faith and hope is here
Deep in my heart I ask myself
Do we really.. really care *
I read the paper of a colored boy
He was starving so we're the lone vultures
Why so full of sorrow no tomorrow
There's no rainbow
Will he ever know
Repeat *
Don't you know that we pray
For you to see the light of day
For you to bring back the lock of love
Words of wisdom
Is it enough

1 Comments:
At 1:18:00 a.m.,
Carmen Mok said…
哈哈!你被貼了。
Welcome to join the Blog tag game!
detail please check my blog.
Post a Comment
<< Home