Do you believe there are angels in the world?

"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." (Psalm:91:11,12)

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

How to live a happy life

Longing for a long vacation, I finally got it. Today is the first day of my two weeks vacation. I started my vacation by looking for the answer of “how to live a happy life” on yahoo search engine. Going through the first link that came up, I realized that only 20% of Americans are truly happy. I asked myself, “am I included in the 80% unhappy crowd?” I also questioned why so many people are unhappy? The author stated that’s because, “People look for happiness in all the wrong places.” Other than that, he pointed out three keys to live a happy live:
FIRST, TO LIVE HAPPY LIVES, WE MUST GIVE OUR HEARTS TO THE LORD AND RECEIVE HIS SALVATION.
SECOND, TO LIVE A HAPPY LIVES, WE MUST FOCUS ON RIGHTEOUS THOUGHTS
THIRD, TO LIVE HAPPY LIVES, WE MUST PURGE ANGER FROM OUR HEARTS.
(http://www.biblecenter.com/sermons/howtoliveahappylife.htm)

It’s great to hold these ideal concepts in mind, but I do not satisfy. I want practical suggestions instead. Without any practical suggestions, those ideal concepts fade away easily. Here I found another link which provided some practical way which I can try on:
• Be Guided By Goodness
• Fuel Your Life With Fun
• Passion Is Empty Without Compassion
• Profit From Your Mistakes
• Beating Yourself Up Reinforces Errors You Want To Avoid
• Drive Discipline With Desire
• Make Decisions Not Judgments
• Schedule Your Time Not Your Tasks
• Be Driven By Desire NOT Duress
• See Obstacles NOT Problems
• Focus On How You Want To Feel
• Touch Each Person You Meet With A Positive Spirit
• Love Propels Happiness
(http://happinesshabit.com/htlahl0.htm)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home