Do you believe there are angels in the world?

"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." (Psalm:91:11,12)

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Still Surviving

Thanks God that I pass everything so far, in fact my marks are actually raising a little bit. This rotation just started two weeks ago, but I already have many new ideas of how my future career can become. I was originally planning to be a general nurse, working in a hospital and practically providing individualized care. However, Jody (my community nursing professor) inspired and challenged us to consider community nursing eventually. Hospital nurses are like working in the downstream of the river, and community nurses can be at the upstream. Community nursing gives us more rooms to explore the area that we are interested in; and it allows us to make greater impact because it focuses on a wider population rather than one-to-one basis.

So what community am I interested in? I have been caring for couple new immigrants and refugees from Mainland China. They are not only having language barrier, but also experiencing many social injustice. Their lives are really tough in Toronto which supposed to be a multi-cultural and used to be called the heaven of immigrants. Although I can't change all the unjusted aspects in their lives, I should at least try my best to work collaterally with them in terms of enhancing their health and fight for the resources that they deserve. Anyway, it may be too early to decide my future. I should study very hard in the next six or seven weeks to successfully complete this year first. I know I can DO IT!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:11:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, lets work towards my goal together! GO GO GO p(^_^)q

    Janice

     

Post a Comment

<< Home