Do you believe there are angels in the world?

"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." (Psalm:91:11,12)

Monday, April 11, 2005

Letting Go...

I am so bored with my studies of mental health, that's why I got into Jenny's Blog. And I started to read her writing from 2001... You can tell how bored I am now!!! :P
In her Feb 11, 2004 diary, I found this article which is really appealing to me, since I am in the middle of not wanting to "Let Go". I know that I can't stay in this situation anymore, I am wasting my time and wasting the time to serve my dear God. But "letting go" is a difficult process, and I need God to show me the way...

LETTING GO is not to stop caring--it means I can't do it for someone else.
LETTING GO is not to cut myself off--it's the realization that I can't control another.
LETTING GO is not to enable--but to allow learning from natural consequences.
LETTING GO is to admit powerlessness--which means the outcome is not in my hands.
LETTING GO is not to try to change or blame another--it's to make the most of myself.
LETTING GO is not to fix--but to be supportive; it's not to judge--but to allow another to be a human being.
LETTING GO is not to be in the middle, arranging the outcome--but to allow others to effect their own destinies.
LETTING GO is not to be protective--it's to permit another to face reality.
LETTING GO is not deny---but to accept.
LETTING GO is not to nag, scold or argue---but instead to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.
LETTING GO is not to criticize and regulate anybody---but to try to become what I dream I can be.
LETTING GO is not to regret the past---but to grow and live for the future.
LETTING GO is to fear less and live more.
Author unknown(from one of my favorite books--"Lists to live by" (The Third Collection))

2 Comments:

  • At 12:31:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like these two quotes, since they reminded some of what I have experienced and learned from letting go in the past:

    "LETTING GO is not to stop caring--it means I can't do it for someone else."

    "LETTING GO is not to try to change or blame another--it's to make the most of myself."

    Hope you'll have an abundant life in lord. With prayer and support as always.

    -Chung ^o^

     
  • At 10:16:00 p.m., Blogger jftfaith said…

    wow..u r reading and plagiarizing my blog!!!(haha..i have no copyright & i dun mind)So now u know about my past life law...hehe...I'll miss u a lot...cuz' i probably won't see u in another few weeks...=(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home