The purpose of serving Him
“Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.” (Mark: 1:3)
I realized this is not only an order to John the Baptist, but also an order to every Christian, including me. There are many times that I pray and ask the Lord for making my path straight and easy to walk on. With no doubt, He has listened to my prayers and guided me through. However, it seems like my requests would never stop. If I needed to help someone like me, I would definitely be burned out long time ago. Christy, don't disappoint the Lord again pls!!!!
Just started to read the book of Mark this morning, I am aroused by the idea of preparing the way for the Lord and making straight paths for Him. I always thought that the Lord is a perfect God. He is lack of nothing. Why would He need me in the work of His Kingdom? Therefore I serve as a BSL or other positions for the sake of my own good (perhaps others would gain some benefit too). But what if my serving does not make any difference on myself or others? It could be the source of my confusion and frustration. However, if I perceive my work as preparing the way for the Lord (or the return of Jesus Christ), then it will be a different story. Thanks be to God.
I realized this is not only an order to John the Baptist, but also an order to every Christian, including me. There are many times that I pray and ask the Lord for making my path straight and easy to walk on. With no doubt, He has listened to my prayers and guided me through. However, it seems like my requests would never stop. If I needed to help someone like me, I would definitely be burned out long time ago. Christy, don't disappoint the Lord again pls!!!!
Just started to read the book of Mark this morning, I am aroused by the idea of preparing the way for the Lord and making straight paths for Him. I always thought that the Lord is a perfect God. He is lack of nothing. Why would He need me in the work of His Kingdom? Therefore I serve as a BSL or other positions for the sake of my own good (perhaps others would gain some benefit too). But what if my serving does not make any difference on myself or others? It could be the source of my confusion and frustration. However, if I perceive my work as preparing the way for the Lord (or the return of Jesus Christ), then it will be a different story. Thanks be to God.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home