Ignite the fire of World Cup
My world cup spirit is gradually coming back after excellent performance between Italy and Brazil in 1994 World Cup. I was a super fan for Italy at that time. Italy started slowly but reached the final against Brazil. It was a wonderful feeling that you watched them from game one till the end. I was with them at the moments of celebrating the moments of winning, holding onto their hopes, or solving many obstacles. They finally made their way to the final to play against Brazil. After a 0–0 draw at the end of extra time, they lost the subsequent penalty shootout 3-2. I almost cried when I saw how unlucky they were. However, there was no doubt that they performance was excellent, even as good as Brazil (the best in the world at that time).
Beside the fact that Italy was a strong team at that time, I need to mention one more thing. I could say 99.9% of the Italian players were stunningly good looking. It was a wonderful treats to your eyes when you saw all these good looking Italian on TV. Except Italy, there was no other team that can provide the two qualities that I was looking for (good looking and fabulous skills). Almost all of my girlfriends (including me) supported Italy because of one reason = the captain of Italy, Roberto Baggio. He is the best soccer player in history according to my standard!!!
After that, I seemed losing my interest in World Cup. Until recently, the fire in my heart was ignited once again probably because of Franklin. He was a crazy fan of FIFA World Cup. He knew all the teams and he could point out where they are on the map. He bought the flag of England two times (becoz the first one flew away by accident). He also influenced his mum to watch it too. Anyway, but one thing I will not be influenced by him. I will only support the teams that offer the two qualities that I look for. Therefore, Germany, Netherlands, England, Italy, Go Go Go. I feel sorry for Brazil and Argentina.
Beside the fact that Italy was a strong team at that time, I need to mention one more thing. I could say 99.9% of the Italian players were stunningly good looking. It was a wonderful treats to your eyes when you saw all these good looking Italian on TV. Except Italy, there was no other team that can provide the two qualities that I was looking for (good looking and fabulous skills). Almost all of my girlfriends (including me) supported Italy because of one reason = the captain of Italy, Roberto Baggio. He is the best soccer player in history according to my standard!!!
After that, I seemed losing my interest in World Cup. Until recently, the fire in my heart was ignited once again probably because of Franklin. He was a crazy fan of FIFA World Cup. He knew all the teams and he could point out where they are on the map. He bought the flag of England two times (becoz the first one flew away by accident). He also influenced his mum to watch it too. Anyway, but one thing I will not be influenced by him. I will only support the teams that offer the two qualities that I look for. Therefore, Germany, Netherlands, England, Italy, Go Go Go. I feel sorry for Brazil and Argentina.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home